Dark Circles : Causes and how to treatment
Dark circles under the eyes are a fairly common cosmetic problem for both men and women. Genetics can predispose you to getting these blemishes, especially if you have fair, thin skin. Caused by blood pooling under the eyes, dark circles show more prominently when the skin is fair. Seasonal allergies, loss of collagen, vascular issues, hormonal imbalances and diet can cause excessive puffiness, bloating and blood pooling.
Dark Circle Causes
High blood pressure, detached retinas, diabetes, glaucoma and thyroid problems like Graves’ disease and hyperthyroidism can also trigger the condition. If you have any of these conditions, your sight could be affected, so check with an ophthalmologist before beginning any cosmetic treatment. Other dark circle causes of discolorations under the eyes include:
- Food allergies, especially to dairy products
- Kidney disorders
- Excessive rubbing of the eyes
- Loss of cushioning fat under the eyes as you age
- Cardiovascular problems
- Chronic fatigue
- Sun damage to the skin
- Alcohol and drug use
- Lack of Sleep
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles
- One simple dark circle treatment for discoloration is 1. makeup to conceal the darkened area. Moisturizing skin creams offer some benefit, especially those brands with retinol, vitamin K, vitamin E and Vitamin C.
2. Dermal fillers like Restylane and Juvéderm to fill depressed areas under the eyes where blood pools. Fat grafts from your own body fat can also be injected to fill these depressed areas under the eyes. Other common treatments include:
3. Dark Circles Removal Laser: pigmented laser for hyper-pigmentation and gentle- yag laser for vein enlargement to reduces dark discolorations, minimizes lines and scars and promotes new growth of healthy skin and may be an effective way to remove dark circles under eyes.
4. Dark Circles Vitamin K: Dark Circles Vitamin K promotes healthy, clear skin, reduces inflammations and promotes better blood circulation. You can take vitamin K as a pill or supplement, in an eye cream or get it from foods such as leafy greens, okra, asparagus, spinach, prunes and avocados. Vitamin K helps blood clot so that burst vessels around the eyes don’t cause blood to pool
Dark Circles Home Remedies
Dark circles home remedies for swelling and dark discolorations under the eyes include placing cucumber slices over the eyes to lighten skin color and soothe skin. Raw potato produces a similar lightening effect on dark areas when you grate the potato, extract the juices and soak them in cotton balls before applying them to the areas beneath the eyes. You can also soak cotton balls in rose-water, almond oil or tomato juice. Lemon juice mixed with turmeric and tomato paste helps to get rid of dark circles by providing a mild bleaching effect on the skin. Crushed mint leaves provide a cooling effect that soothes skin, reduces swelling and lightens dark areas.
Dark Circles Removal Tips
Dark circles removal tips include home remedies, behavioral changes, camouflaging techniques, herbs and medicines and cosmetic procedures. Simple dark circles removal tips might get rid of temporary dark circles, but chronic discolorations might require a more professional approach by a cosmetic dermatologist. Discuss the problem with your doctor to see whether you could benefit from one of the many successful treatments for dark circles beneath the eyes.